Our family loves banana bread! And in the off moment that we have extra, ripe bananas lying around, I make this recipe:
– 3 bananas (brown, mashed)
– 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
– 1/2 cup sugar or your favorite sugar substitute
– 1 chia egg (1 tablespoon chia seeds mixed with 1 tablespoon water)
– 1 teaspoon vanilla
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– pinch of salt
– 1 1/2 cups sprouted wheat flour
-optional: chocolate chips or chopped nuts
Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Pour batter into greased bread/loaf pan. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour. Top with a bit of coconut oil or butter!
This recipe only takes about 10 minutes to mix together and is so yummy. I often double the recipe because one loaf doesn’t last very long…
I’ve also made this recipe in my bread maker on the “quick/sweet bread” setting and it turns out great as well.
Eat something yummy today!